Guess what I saw today?!?!

A Supracervical Laparoscopic Hysterectomy!!! Yep they took this ladies uterus out laproscopically with this robot called the Davinci. It was AWESOME!!! They put in these 5 "Ports" in her abdomen which housed the camera & the instruments to disconnect the uterus from the fallopian tubes and cervix. They left the cervix in and then once the uterus was free they sucked it out with this blade instrument that spins and chops it up and sucks it out... kind of gross....actually really gross, but cool none the less. Though I hope I never need one since I now know what it entails!

Michelle is here visiting! I should be studying, I might do some HW as she works on a project herself.... but I want to write a different post on the last 2 weeks in clinicals!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Journey to RN, One Day at a Time. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.